This episode’s vocabulary
- Transparent (adj.) - easy to perceive or detect/(of a material or article) allowing light to pass through so that objects behind can be distinctly seen.
- Selective memory (noun) - an ability to remember some facts while apparently forgetting others, esp when they are inconvenient
- To make up (phrasal verb) - to reduce or replace something, usually an amount of time or work, that has been lost.
- Life or death (adj.) - very important and serious.
- Priority (noun) - something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things.
- To outsource (verb) - If a company outsources work or things, it pays workers from outside the company to do the work or supply the things.
- Mnemonic device (noun) - a mnemonic device, or memory device, is any learning technique that aids information retention or retrieval (remembering) in the human memory.
- Overwhelmed (adj./verb) - to be too much to deal with/to cause someone to feel sudden strong emotion.
- Aptitude (noun) - a natural ability or skill.
- To supplement (verb) - to add something to something to make it larger or better.
We have also added these words to a “Quizlet" set for you to study and revise in your free time.